It seems to be de rigeur that on your 100th post you post 100 facts about yourself. So here it is …
1. I have brown eyes
2. I have brown hair, with a slowly increasing number of gray touches
3. I am an only child
4. My weight yo-yos between ~ 90-100 kg (~200-220 lbs)
5. I run the 100 in about a minute
6. This is why I play prop
7. I enjoy reading, but do it far to infrequently
8. The only TV shows that I watch regularly now are Top Gear and The Big Bang Theory
9. My current favourite song is rather bizarrely “Do you hear the people sing” from Les Miserables
10. I know in certain circles that is acceptable, but none that I regularly inhabit
11. My second favourite is “Something Inside So Strong” by Labi Siffre
12. I am neither a French revolutionary nor black and in general have never had to overcome any obstacles like those that these songs address, but for some reason they really seem to move me.
13. I went to Manchester University between 1996 and 1999
14. I met my wife in a bar called “The Grot”!
15. We barely parted company for the following 6 weeks.
16. I knew then that I would love her for ever
17. I proposed to her at Durdle Door in Dorset.
18. I wanted it to be in Paris, but circumstances conspired against me.
19. I am ashamed to say that I don’t make enough of an effort to make her feel special nearly as often as she deserves.
20. My favourite teacher was called Mr Carr
21. I think that teaching is probably the most noble profession in the world.
22. Unfortunately, I realised this after embarking on an entirely different career
23. I like to think that maybe one day I will take the plunge and train to be a teacher
24. It is not an option in the foreseeable future
25. To say I read Physics would possibly be overstating it, but it was the subject on the degree certificate.
26. I find a strange tranquillity about big cities.
27. My 2 favourite places are London and Paris
28. I am not a morning person
29. I am addicted to Diet-Coke
30. Those last two are more fundamental to my being than their position in this list would imply.
31. I worked in an abattoir during one summer holiday
32. The furthest North (68º) and East(27º) I have been is Saariselkä, Finland
33. The furthest South (40º North) I have been is Madrid, Spain
34. The furthest West (22º) Reykjavik
35. I feel rather disappointed that I have not stretched those Lats/Longs further
36. I have a tattoo on my bum.
37. I got it on 14th Feburary 1998
38. It is part of a set … no more hints
39. I consider a Pringles can as a single portion
40. Consequently I try to stay away from Pringles
41. Anyone that comes to my house for food is likely to have had Beer-Can-Chicken
42. Followed by Rice pudding
43. I make a mean rice pudding!
44. I love watching Kids TV
45. I often use my kids as an excuse to watch films from my past such as The Goonies and Ghost Busters
46. And TV shows such as the Muppets and Gummi Bears
47. Consequently my children surprise other adults with references to programs that are out of place.
48. I like my toast to be cut top to bottom (I think its the symmetry)
49. I cried when I watched La vita è bella
50. This is not as rare an occurrence as my machismo would like to pretend
51. I have been a rugby player for over 20 years
52. Despite the above, I rarely drink any alcohol
53. I own “A Brief History In Time” but unlike %90 of people to have bought it, I have actually read it.
54. I had my tonsils out when I was 8
55. I used to really enjoy rock climbing
56. But that was 10 years and
20 30 kg ago
57. I love camping
58. It really annoys me that people seem to have no manners any more
59. It makes me cringe when I hear myself sounding old enough to make the previous statement
60. But really, if I let you out in traffic, just raise a hand or smile or some how acknowledge my existence
61. And don’t get me started on shop assistants
62. I love Lego
63. It took me 5 separate attempts to get through the first chapter of Catch 22
64. It is now one of my favourite books
65. I think I could spend a week in Borders and not get tired of it
66. I often have 3 books on the go at the same time. A daytime book, a bedtime book, and a book for in the bath.
67. At the moment I am down to my bath book only 😦 .
68. I have not had a bath in months.
69. I have showered … honest!
70. I love listening to audiobooks and podcasts whenever I have chores; it feels like I get to reclaim that time.
71. I don’t get the whole coffee thing. It tastes like crap.
72. I like to drink lemon juice from the Jif squeezy lemon.
73. I know the words to every song in the Sound of Music
74. …and Mary Poppins and Oliver!
75. Again I’ll refer you to # 9
76. My mental image of myself is stuck at the age of about 20.
77. Consequently I don’t do mirrors!
78. I have attended a gay wedding
79. I think it is sad that this is remarkable
80. I only really stay in contact with one person from school (pre-facebook)
81. He was my best man and is my son’s godfather and visible in the background to this picture …
82. I secretly quite like it when Mrs Geek plays Kenny Rogers (We are both a little sad like that)
83. I swear more than I should, mainly it is confined to the rugby club though.
84. I support Liverpool Football Club
85. I think Robbie Fowler can probably walk on water
86. I am also (surprisingly to some) a big fan of David Beckham
87. I was probably the only person that was surprised when I found out that he cheated on his wife.
88. I really did think he was better than that 😦
89. Bart managed to get through the first 2 ½ years without watching any television.
90. This was not for any high brow reason, we just had an old TV that took ages to turn on.
91. Mrs Geek and I had our honeymoon in Prague
92. We stayed in a hostel with a shared bathroom and single beds.
93. My favourite food is a rare fillet steak.
94. Closely followed by my Mum’s Curry.
95. I have never broken a bone
96. I have however dislocated all of my fingers on separate occasions.
97. I really love Christmas
98. It is not really Christmas until I have watched White Christmas, It’s A Wonderful Life and Miracle On 34th Street
99. I also love weddings.
100. I sang in my school choir even though I can not carry a tune in a bucket!
And thus concludes the 100 on my 100th post… I don’t know if anyone made it to the bottom, but if so errm… well done I suppose. Just be happy in the knowledge that it took me far longer to come up with them than it took to read them.