When I started blogging back in January, it was therapeutic, I had so much to talk about that it was liberating to open up and spill forth.
This past month or so however I have barely had time to think. Much has happened, many things that were notable enough to be blogged, but alas I have been too busy to stop and reflect.
So, time to catch up … Some of the things that I have been up to (in no particular order)
- I shot a wedding back towards the end of March. And many an evening was lost to putting together an album and photobook combination. The results are wonderful, but sometimes I wonder if I do not spend too long making sure that everything is perfect. Sometimes I have to remind myself that I really enjoy doing this, but sleep is important too.
- We went on holiday to
EspaniaEspaña as I have mentioned, but this left me with lots of catch-up work to some how fit around the other parts of daily life.
- My son and I went on his rugby tour. After a small falling out with the rugby club a number of the parents got together and arrange a “Rebel Tour” of Northampton. A truly excellent time.
- I have now joined my children’s (my daughter will be starting in September, and has a few “Taster” days coming up) school’s “Parents Society” and volunteered for far more than was actually sensible. Thus Friday night saw me as “Official Photographer” at their summer ball. A pretty much pro-bono type of arrangement in which I spent the night harassing people for money and taking their photos, I just about finished in time to get the last dance with Mrs Geek. However I have had many people express their gratitude, and I did actually really quite enjoy it.
- I also volunteered to make a DVD of photos of the year 6 leavers. Another enjoyable, yet time consuming task.
- We went down to Bristol to see My Parents and some of our friends. It was so so good to catch up. I made the mistake of saying to Mrs Geek “We should do this more often”, only to be told “We would if it were not for your rugby” … Ahh … Moving along
- The rugby season has come to and end, and to be honest I am ready for the break … alas Mrs Geek seems to think that anything outside of rugby season is DIY season … so I spent the weekend building a stupendously large set of bookshelves for our “Library”.
- All this has had to be dispersed around the 50 hour working weeks that I have been having to do at work, and it still looks like I am going to miss my deadline!
I know, I know, these are all pathetic excuses for not keeping the blog up to date, but they are what I have. I will try not to slack off so much in the future, but you will have to understand that there are times when life gets in the way of blogging.